Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Miss Voluptuous 2022 finalist: ‘I never felt beautiful but I’ve embraced my curves since Covid lockdown’

Rosie Thompson was “always the chunky girl in the playground”. But since the Covid lockdown, she has “learned” to hug her curves.

The 22-year-old from Bracknell explains that her height is a symptom of her health problems, so she “knows she will never go away and I will never be thin”.

Her dreams of becoming a teacher and studying were dashed when she was diagnosed with PCOS, endometriosis, and fibromyalgia.

READ MORE: Emma Raducanu hooks up with A-list celebrities at the Met Gala

Now she hopes to become a great princess and role model for teenagers and use her image to raise awareness about women’s health in the workplace after becoming a finalist in Miss Voluptuous UK 2022.

Rosie came across the plus-size pageant when she launched an Instagram page devoted to makeup and endometriosis awareness. She burst into tears when she learned that she would be competing.

When you sign up for the BerkshireLive newsletter you will receive our daily news email.

It couldn’t be easier and it takes seconds – just press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions.

On most desktop and mobile platforms, you can also enter your address in the box below the picture at the top of this page.

Changed your mind? There is an unsubscribe button at the bottom of every newsletter we send out.

You can also log on to our website and comment on our stories by clicking here and logging in.

“I was nervous for a week waiting for an answer,” she tells me.

“It’s all about body positivity and raising money for charity. The reason I do this is to be more confident. I was always the burly girl in the playground.

“I never felt beautiful until I accepted who I am. My height is a symptom of my health problems so I know it will never go away and I will never be thin.

“Now I want to be a good, positive role model. An oversized princess that little girls didn’t have when I was growing up.

Rosie Thompson, 22, is a finalist for Miss Voluptuous UK 2022

Rosie said that she loves beauty because “it highlights who you are. You hug yourself. “

Endometriosis UK estimates that it takes an average of about eight years for a person to be diagnosed with the condition.

Rosie said, “I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2015 and then diagnosed with endometriosis in 2019.

“It was a harrowing experience for me. I had a laparoscopy in September 2019 and they went to keyhole surgery to cut it out.

“Both diseases hit me every day. I wake up in pain, I go to bed in pain. I had to give up my dream of becoming a teacher and going to university because of my health problems.

“When I started my job, I joined the women’s network, which was great, but our disease reporting system wasn’t very inclusive.

“I raised money for Endometriosis UK so I was connected to people and saw how many women suffered from it.

“I thought we should have a gynecological issue option in our disease reporting system, so I showed it up and it was added.

“When I started working from home during the pandemic, my symptoms worsened and I had a month off. I had to reduce my working hours to part-time.”

Rosie mentioned that she is considering going back to her high school and college to talk about PCOS and endometriosis as children and teenagers need to be encouraged to learn more about women’s reproductive and sexual health in school .

  • Miss Voluptuous UK will announce the winners in July 2022, and in the run-up, Rosie will raise funds for her selected charities to help raise awareness of women’s gynecological issues and their treatment in the workplace.

Sign up for our newsletter and receive the top stories from BerkshireLive straight to your inbox

Continue reading
Continue reading


source https://www.bisayanews.com/2021/09/15/miss-voluptuous-2022-finalist-i-never-felt-beautiful-but-ive-embraced-my-curves-since-covid-lockdown/

No comments:

Post a Comment